Project Officer – Renewable Energy is responsible to provide support in developing, delivering and capture learning from energy access programme. S/he is responsible to design and demonstrate innovative, decentralized energy solutions and promote productive uses.
Practical Action, a UK based international development organization, works for technology justice and wellbeing to reduce poverty. We work through regional and country offices in Latin America, Africa and Asia to make a difference in the lives of poor people by transforming the technologies from idea to reality. In Bangladesh, focus of our work is around agriculture, extreme poverty, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, access to markets, water sanitation, waste management and energy. Our distinctive practical approach includes wellbeing, partnership, specialized knowledge services and policy engagement.
– Technical design in AUTOCAD for standalone and community based decentralized renewable energy solutions including micro, nano and mini solar grid and waste to biogas at community and commercial scale.
– Estimate BoQ, coordinate procurement and construction/installation of decentralized energy infrastructures in isolated areas in partnership with private sectors, NGOs, municipality, and community associations
– Design and facilitate actions to build local capacity for sustainable operation and management of infrastructures and promote productive uses of energy linking with enterprises and health services
– Support and coordinate in carrying out studies and researches to make energy inequalities more visible
– Networking with energy stakeholders, participate in external events and promote the Total Energy Access (TEA) approach of Practical Action
– Provide technical input to fund raising proposals for Energy programme development. Contribute to develop and strengthen partnership with private sectors, research organisations and renewable energy networks and alliance
– Have at least three years practical working experience with NGOs and private sectors involved in renewable energy
– University graduate in renewable energy/engineering in mechanical and electrical
– Excellent English writing and documentation skill
– Willingness for extensive field travel and interaction with poor people living in isolated areas
– Advance technical knowledge and networking with energy stakeholders
No of Vacancies: 01
Job Level: Entry
Job Nature: Full Time
Industry: NGO / Development
Preferred Business Area: NGO / Development
Job Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Application Deadline: 08 July, 2017
Salary & Benefits: Monthly Gross BDT 41,000/- (around) and other benefits i.e. Festival Bonus, Gratuity, PF, Insurance coverage as per organization policy, subject to qualification and experiences.
Please apply online through uploading your CV mentioning two referees by 08 July 2017. E-mail: [email protected]
Although Practical Action Bangladesh is an equal opportunity employer but women candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Practical Action, Bangladesh
Job Source: Chakuri.com