As a member of the Civic Engagement Division based in the field, the Area Manager will:
- Coordinate and implement all project activities with the guidance and advice of the Committee of Concerned Citizens (CCC);
- Maintain regular contact with President, Vice-president and other Members of the CCC, the Advisory Committee and members of CCC-Friends named ‘Swacchhotar Jonno Nagorik’ (SWAJON);
- Coordinate the activities organized by the Youth Engagement & Support (YES) Group and YES Friends;
- Assist CCC & YES in planning and implementation of activities in the given CCC area including logistic support to such events as advocacy meetings, face the public/public hearing, press conferences, seminars, workshops, theatre shows & cultural events etc.;
- Assist CCC in organizing various awareness raising activities for strengthening social movement against corruption;
- Supervise the activities of Assistant Manager (F&A);
- Undertake issue based networking & collaborating activities with the like-minded institutions/agencies – GO/NGO/Media/individuals;
- Assist CCC to set up and conduct Advice and Information Desk (AI-Desk) – in-house and satellite;
- Work in collaboration with, and assist, members of staff of other divisions in implementing CCC-level activities;
- Prepare periodic plan of work and progress report including best practice documentation in Bangla and English;
- Discharge reporting and coordination role, as applicable, with Head Office;
- In collaboration with other members of the staff based in CCC, ensure overall administrative and financial management and coordination of activities of CCC-YES;
- Maintain different registers i.e. movement register, stock register etc;
- Arrange and participate in activities at CCC level including monthly meetings of CCC & YES and prepare reports thereof;
- Organize and participate in periodic sub-regional and regional meetings and Annual Conventions & different external meetings; and
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the authority.
Qualifications, Experiences other requirements:
- Applicant, within the age limit of 35, must have a Masters preferably in a Social Science or any other subject relevant to governance and development;
- At least 4 years relevant experience is essential, preferably of which 2 years as head/incharge of an area office of a reputed NGO;
- Candidates with experience in managing and coordinating social mobilization, community work and youth mobilization would have advantage;
- Candidate with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of their education need not apply.
- Excellent communication skill in Bengali and English both written and oral is necessary for the position; and
- Candidates having motorcycle driving skills would be given preference.
No of Vacancies: 01
Job Level: Mid
Job Nature: Full Time
Industry: NGO / Development
Preferred Business Area: NGO / Development
Salary: Gross initial salary is Tk. 52,484.00 per month
Other benefits (annual performance-based increment, cost of living adjustment, contributory provident fund, gratuity, festival allowance and insurance) as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Must have a Masters preferably in a Social Science or any other subject relevant to governance and development.
Application Deadline: Dec 3, 2017
Click here to see detail