Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
(Based in Dhaka District)
This position directly reports to Literacy Program Officer and has no direct reports. Literacy Program Assistant supports the administration parts of process & office manages. This position will also involve frequent travel to project sites, and close coordination with local partners, vendors thus requires strong communication and coordination skills.
Roles & responsibilities
- Ensures schools receive materials and furniture at the appropriate time;
- Organizes all logistics (i.e., invitations/coordination of attendees, venues, transportation, lodging, meals, etc.) for Literacy program trainings for RtR staff, teachers, and librarians;
- Monitors progress of implementation calendar, budget, annual plan, and overall tracking of program implementation and spending;
- Reviewand consolidates all reports on the status and progress of project sites to submit to LPO;
- Collect program implementation monitoring reports, enters and consolidates required data, reviews results and submit to Field Manager;
- Responsible for data entry of data into GSD for assigned schools; psrovides regular updates and analysis;
- Involve frequent travel to project sites, and close coordination with local partners, vendors thus requires strong communication and coordination skills.
- Bachelor’s degree on Education, Social Science, Business Management and other related field;
- 2 years of relevant working experience with Development project preferred;
- Desire and ability to spend 90% of time traveling and visiting school sites to provide coaching and monitor progress of program implementation;
- Ability to monitor progress of program implementation;
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Willingness & ability to visit program sites extensively;
- Skill & experience of working with e-communication & people with diverse culture;
- Strong communication skills in Bangla and English;
- Excellent computer operating skill,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Comfortable in a performance-based organization working with low overhead budget;
- Proven track record of achieving results;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Level: Entry
Job Nature: Full Time
Industry: NGO / Development
Preferred Business Area: NGO / Development
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Bachelor’s degree on Education, Social Science, Business Management and other related field;
Application Deadline: Dec 8, 2017
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh-Dhaka/Literacy-Program-Assistant_R-00441on or before 08 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”