Room to Read is an International non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Granada and Jordan.
Room to Read invites applications for the following positions for a three year Project on Reading Advancement in partnership with UN World Food Program (WFP) funded by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The program will be implemented in Ukhia and Kutubdia Upazilas under Cox’s Bazar district.
Accounting & Finance Officer
(1 position based in Cox’s Bazar)
Accounting & Finance Officer will assist Project Manager in overseeing all aspects of the Project’s finances and accounting initiatives. The position will report to Project Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review & process payment documents as per the Room to Read finance policies;
- Assist the Project Manager and Sr. Accounting & Finance Manager to maintain records related to bookkeeping, expenses, funds, partnership ventures;
- Review of expense reports & writing Cheques & Vouchers and timely disbursement to employees, partners & vendors;
- Approves payments, purchase authorizations and other financial transactions to ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments/ authority.
- In close coordination with Programm, maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements.
- Constantly reviews banking arrangements to ensure timely transfer of funds and minimize exchange loses and bank charges;
- Assist Sr. AFM in preparing financial reports by deadlines.
- Prepare necessary schedules & assist internal & external audit.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or any other relevant subject;
- Preferred partly qualified Accounting Professional of recognized Accounting body (CA/CIMA/CMA)
- At least 5 five years of relevant experience in Finance and Accounts. Experience with INGOs will be given preference.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible
- Good reasoning abilities, Sound judgment
No of Vacancies: 1
Industry: NGO / Development
Preferred Business Area: NGO / Development
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or any other relevant subject;
Application Deadline: Dec 9, 2017
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh—Remote/Accounting—Finance-Officer_R-00467 on or before 09 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”