APPLICATION DEADLINE EXPIRED
Room to Read is an International non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Granada and Jordan.
Room to Read invites applications for the following positions for a three year Project on Reading Advancement in partnership with UN World Food Program (WFP) funded by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The program will be implemented in Ukhia and Kutubdia Upazilas under Cox’s Bazar district.
(To be based in Cox’s Bazar to support program implementation in Ukhia & Kutubdia)
The Project Manager is responsible for operations in Cox’s Bazar with primary responsibility of project management, budget management, people management and timely implementation of program activities. The manager will closely work with district and Upazila level government education officials, local partners and with different teams in Room to Read Country Office. The position will report to the Program Operations Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate timely implementation of project activities;
- Manage the project budget through timely forecasting and expense tracking;
- Coordinate with local level government officials, local partners and other stakeholders.
- Report timely the implementation of the project targets;
- Oversee the performance of the project staff;
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and verify the programs’ progress and impact;
- Respond to donor requirements, host donor and government visits;
- Master’s Degree in Education/ Project Management/ Social Science/Child Development or any other relevant subject;
- Minimum of 2 years’ related work experience;
- Strong planning, budgeting, supervisory, training management and facilitation skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues and priorities;
- Strong interpersonal communication, language and computer skills.
Industry: NGO / Development
Preferred Business Area: NGO / Development
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
Master’s Degree in Education/ Project Management/ Social Science/Child Development or any other relevant subject;
Application Deadline: Dec 9, 2017
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh—Remote/Project-Manager_R-00462 on or before 09 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”