- Accounting & Finance Officer will assist Accounting & Finance Manager in overseeing all aspects of the organization`s finances and accounting initiatives. The position will report directly to the Accounting & Finance Manager and will have regular interactions with all staff.
- Based in Dhaka Country Office and Reports to the Accounting & Finance Manager
- Review and process payment documents as per the RtR finance policies, applicable country statutes and relevant SOP where applicable.
- Assist the Accounting & Finance Manager (AFM) to maintain records related to bookkeeping, expenses, funds, partnership ventures;
- Review of expense reports & writing Cheques & Vouchers plus timely disbursement to employees, partners & vendors;
- Approves payments, purchase authorizations and other financial transactions to ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments/authority.
- In close coordination with Field/Sub Offices/Program Section, maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements to meet administrative and project expenditures.
- Assist AFM to prepare monthly cash requirements for the office and requests timely replenishments from GO.
- Constantly reviews banking arrangements to ensure timely transfer of funds and minimize exchange loses and bank charges;
- In close coordination with Field Offices, coordinate replies to finance related audit comments
- Visit partner office and field office at least once every three month. During these visits, the AFO will be following a field visit program which will include detail review of partner/field office documents, analysis of spending, compliances and similar activities. After each visit the AFO will be issuing a written report to the Partner organization and Field Office Manager as applicable with a copy to AFM.
- Support AFM, when required, for all Audits, financial analysis/reporting and during AP&B and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist AFM in preparing financial reports by deadlines.
- Prepare necessary schedules & assist internal & external audit.
- Assist AFM in developing documents related to NGO Affairs Bureau, contracts, annual budgets & revised budget of Room to Read & partners.
- Review and process all payment documents as per the RtR finance policies, applicable country statutes and relevant SOP where applicable.
- Do all other activities as delegated by the AFM as and when required
Employment Status: Full-time
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Preferred partly qualified Accounting Professional of recognized Accounting body (CA/CIMA/CMA)
- At least 5 five years of relevant experience in Finance and Accounts. Experience with INGOs will be given preference.
- Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of responsibilities in a prior financial services position High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible
- Good reasoning abilities, Sound judgment
- Willingness & ability to visit program sites extensively;
- Skill & experience of working with e-communication & people with diverse culture;
- Strong communication skills in Bangla and English ;
- Excellent computer operating skill,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Comfortable in a performance-based organization working with low overhead budget;
- Proven track record of achieving results;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- We offer a competitive salary.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship.
Read Before Apply
Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through
Application Deadline : March 9, 2019