Executive Director – Japan-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JBCCI)
Vacancy: Not specific
- Japan Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dhaka (JBCCI) was established in (….) to promote the two – way trade and investment between Japan and Bangladesh. It also collects and provide business information to Bangladeshi and Japanese entrepreneurs and encourage the establishment of Japan-Bangladesh joint -ventures in Japan and Bangladesh. JBCCI identifies important trade barriers between Bangladesh and Japan and helps promote foreign direct investment from Japan in Bangladesh.
- JBCCI is looking for an experienced and qualified person for the post of Executive Director, who will be part of the senior management team and Chief Executive Officer of the Organization, reportable to the Board of Directors of JBCCI. As a team-member, the incumbent will play an active role in developing and expanding the current scope of Chamber`s services to the business community. As such, he/she is required to have the capacity of innovative thinking, leadership, and up-to-date knowledge on the business environment in Bangladesh and bilateral cooperation between Bangladesh and Japan.
- Financial Management
- Oversee the general finances of the Chamber with approval of the Finance Committee or the board, develop an annual budget for the Chamber’s operations that delineates projected revenues and expenses and a projected net profit as appropriate, lead, direct and develop Chamber’s fund-raising strategies and capital campaigns and monitor Chamber’s fiscal condition.
- Personnel Management
- Oversee the management of chamber staff, coach and develop the internal leadership team to attain consistent, highly effective performance, develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives, create better business practices and an organizational structure that will optimize performance and operating results, promote a working environment of excellence.
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Chamber, including management of programs, staffing, membership and marketing efforts, work with the President to prepare agendas and materials for the Board, develop goals and objectives for recommendation to the Board, serve as the principal spokesperson and ambassador for the Chamber, represent the Chamber at business and community events, meetings, etc., build partnerships with other organizations, develop annual and long-term planning process, attend Chamber Board committee meetings and provide staff support to committee efforts, participate in higher level membership and sponsorship sales, identify and develop revenue generation programs and events, oversee organization of Chamber’s Annual Retreat & Events and any additional duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Employment Status: Full-time
Educational Requirements: Masters` degree, preferably an MBA from an accredited university; or comparable professional degree.
Experience Requirements: 5 to 10 year(s)
- Age 40 to 55 years
- Minimum of 5-10 years management/executive level experience in a business-related field or other leadership position, including supervision of professional staff and oversight of finances.
- Previous Chamber management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of local, regional and state-level political systems and experience in developing collaborative relationships in these areas.
- Fluency in Japanese is a plus.
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Outstanding time management and event planning skills
- Strong ability to foster teamwork and collaboration between/among Board members, staff, Chamber members, community leaders, elected officials and strategic committees and organizations.
- Strong Executive and supervisory skills, including ability to plan, organize, lead, delegate, and monitor
- Passion for collaboration and networking
- Excellent skills in community consensus building
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage a budget, to analyze organization performance and to project financial performance.
- Ability to perform cost-benefit analysis of proposed ideas, projects, and events.
- Ability to work a wide and flexible range of business hours, including overnight travel on an
- Occasional basis.
- Ability to motivate others to be champions of chamber initiatives
- Strong commitment to personal growth
- Commitment to the best business practices for the Chamber
Read Before Apply
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Interested candidates are requested to apply here.
Japan-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JBCCI)