HR and Administrative Officer – Tetra Tech ES, Inc.
- Tetra Tech is seeking a HR and Administrative Officer for the USAID/Bangladesh’s new energy activity, Bangladesh Advancing Development and Growth through Energy (BADGE). The activity will improve energy security and resilience in Bangladesh by improving access to affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy systems, and promoting transparent and efficient energy markets. The activity will advance private sector investment, promote policy and regulatory environments favorable to the sector and investors, support entrepreneurs developing and distributing energy technologies, and convene platforms to share best practices in the management of the energy sector. Altogether, through June 2026, BADGE will support Bangladesh’s transformation to a developed, decarbonized, and inclusive energy sector.
- This position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Interested candidates must be eligible to work in Bangladesh. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage recruitment, salary negotiation, hiring, and on-boarding process for new staff.
- Update job descriptions and define qualifications and professional requirements for each position in collaboration with objective teams, as needed.
- Manage employment contracts and independent consultant agreements for all Bangladeshi nationals in coordination with Tetra Tech’s Home Office.
- Collect and analyze timesheets, calculate overtime, any statutory withholding and deductions, and other payroll reports (DBA).
- Maintain updated personnel files in hard and electronic copies.
- Manage holiday schedule and maintain tracker to record staff leave and absences, record leave requests, sick leave, and unauthorized absence from the office.
- Manage employee benefits for registration and/or claims.
- Develop and maintain salary range structure, establish cost effective allowances, and perform regular benchmarking on remuneration packages, retirement, and insurance plan.
- Manage, plan in advance and conduct performance review process and scoring system for senior management decision making.
- Check and review consultant invoices for number of days charged compared to LOE’s and supporting documentation (i.e. deliverables, timesheets) in coordination with Result Area Leads.
- Coordinate with payroll firm to ensure compliance with local wages and employment law, pay and benefits review and recommendations, including income tax.
- Keep Tetra Tech Home Office informed of any changes in local laws and regulations which have an impact on HR policy.
- Maintain and perform regular review and updates on various internal personnel policies and procedures, such as personal manual, guidelines, and contingency plans.
- Provide day-to-day advisory to BADGE staff and consultants to answer questions regarding their employment and any personal situations that may impact their attendance or ability to perform their job responsibilities.
- Manage project logistics, including international and domestic travel, hotels, transportation, and other arrangements for BADGE project team.
- Manage general office supplies and maintain project property inventory of project equipment’s.
- Manages and liaise with building management for office related services which includes letter of intent, lease agreement, fitting out and fixtures, and access control.
- Coordinate working permit and visas for foreign staff.
- Manage and monitor IT infrastructure and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Employment Status: Full-time, Contractual
Workplace: Work at office
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- Bachelor’s degree from Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, or similar field.
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
HR, Office Management
- Familiar with current Bangladeshi government regulations, procurement, and operations.
- Familiar with human resource management and concept including recruitment, training and development, compensation, and benefits (payroll), organization development, and general affairs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team players, responsive to local and home office requests.
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Highly organized in planning, giving directions/explaining procedures, and maintaining documentation.
- Ability to problem solve along with solid analytical skills, understanding business process, and systems optimization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of management across multiple objectives.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) with strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Read Before Apply
Apply here: http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHXI2B6C