Employment Status: Contractual
Experience: 7 years
Age Limit: 36 years
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Application Deadline: 30 Mar 2023
- The Senior Officer – Reporting, Communication & PSEA will handle BDRCS’s Myanmar Refugee Relief Operations (MRRO) reporting, communication, and PSEA activities under the Programme Manager’s supervision. The role will work closely with the MRRO management team at Cox`s Bazar, the BDRCS NHQ DR department, the UNHCR Field team, and the PSEA team.
- Role: The Senior Officer – Reporting, Communication & PSEA will collect, document, analyze, and report data and information in a timely and results-based way for donors and BDRCS. The Senior Officer – Reporting, Communication & PSEA produces all progress and periodic reports and develops communication material on Myanmar Refugee Relief Operation (MRRO) in Cox`s Bazar for media coverage, donors, partners, communities, and the project management team. The Senior Officer – Reporting Communication & PSEA will help program managers and other MRRO staff execute PSEA best practices, but BDRCS Management is ultimately responsible for institutional PSEA efforts.
- MRRO under Disaster Response Department.
- MRRO, BDRCS Programme Manager.
- Contract duration: 31 December 2023, extendable.
- Manage BDRCS Myanmar Refugee Relief Operations (MRRO) reporting and contact.
- Help the Programme Manager execute the MRRO’s 2023 and beyond PSEA action plan.
- Lead MRRO PSEA risk evaluations as the focal person.
- Field trips for program data.
- Lead the production of donor- and BDRCS-compliant project progress reports with the project Manager.
- Produce analytical/statistical reports with data graphs.
- Edit and format program papers well.
- Help program staff organize seminars, workshops, press conferences, and field trips.
- Facilitate and provide expert reporting and communications services to the project management team, program components, and implementing partners.
- Progress reporting allows project review, assessment, and audits.
- Assigned by the Programme Manager, manage program operations.
- Create, execute, and monitor a communication and visibility plan to improve UNHCR, Government, and BDRCS operational understanding.
- Negotiate and resolve delicate and controversial issues with UNHCR Field Colleagues as the department’s liaison.
- Insert and enforce PSEA clauses in partnership contracts to explain reporting and investigation duties.
- Draft, proofread, and compile papers as needed for operations.
- Work well with BDRCS and UNHCR.
- Collaborate with BDRCS’s communication and PMER teams to formalize and execute the PMER framework.
- Commodity Accounting from Warehouses requires reconciliation and stock reports to show division, receipt, dispatch/delivery, handover, and old and damaged NFIs.
- Analyze and report on daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, half-yearly, and annual events.
- Respect and follow the International Red Cross and Crescent Movement and UNHCR Code of Conduct.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the line boss.
Status of employment: Contractual
Needed Level of Education: Master in mass communications, Journalism, English, Gender Development or related areas.
Possible Experience Needs
- Experience 7 year
- Worked for seven years. S/he should have extensive expertise in conservation and development communication and diffusion strategies, reporting, documentation, publication, and audio-visual material preparation.
- English and Bangla writing, editing, and speech skills are required.
- He/she should know the newest electronic publishing and graphics methods.
- MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Bangla/English typing is required.
- He/she must speak and write Bangla and English.
- RCRC Movement comprehension, results-based project management.
- Communication, professional mastery, analytical skills, teamwork, strategic thinking, and the ability to influence, interact, cooperate, and deal with many people and organizations.
- Organizational, methodical, and logical problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing, drawing, and English skills.
- Good presentation, guidance, and note-taking.
- Organizing, analyzing, and synthesizing vast amounts of data.
- Promoted cooperation.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Manage BDRCS MRRO staff interactions.
- Manage BDRCS, UNHCR, and leadership connections.
- 36-year-old (Age limit will be relaxed in case of the potential candidate).
Work Location: Cox’s Bazar
Salary: Up to 75,000 BDT (Negotiable).
Departmental clearance will be required for internal candidates.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please apply online before 5:00 pm, March 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.
BDRCS is an equal-opportunity employer.
The deadline for applications is 30 Mar 2023
The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
World’s largest volunteer group is Red Cross-Red Crescent. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) was founded on 31 March 1973 by President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retroactive effect from 16 December 1971. Bangladesh’s largest charity. The Society has provided humanitarian assistance to vulnerable people for 48 years as an auxiliary to the government, focusing on humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building, and Red Cross/Red Crescent ideals and principles.