Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
Program Associate, Girls’ Education Program
(Based in Dhaka District)
The Program Associate, Girls’ Education Program spends the majority of his or her time providing direct support to the Social Mobilizers (SMs). This includes supporting and sometimes facilitating SM trainings, working 1:1 and in groups with SMs to ensure they are effective in their roles working with girls, and when needed, modeling effective workshops or mentoring sessions with girls.
Roles & responsibilities
- Facilitate SM review meetings to discuss and identify solutions to challenges SMs are facing in program implementation and in working with the girls and communities;
- Support the PO/PM in conducting the Social Mobilizers’ trainings. This may include co-facilitating training sessions;
- Ensure school authorities and communities are supportive of the program and following agreements.
- Participate in regular trainings and meetings with Room to Read staff;
- Participate in regular review meetings and any other activities that may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization;
- Coordinate with other PAs/POs/PM to implement GEP activities;
- Participate in donor site visits and provide information to donors about Room to Read’s Girls’ Education Program as needed;
- Ensure the SM is monitoring and keeping records of girls including attendance, academic performance and other program activities as required per the program design. Collect this data and provide to PO/PM as needed;
- Ensure the SM is planning, documenting, and reporting on school and home visits and parent meetings and workshops. Collect this data, provide it to the PO/PM, and enter it into Room to Read’s database as needed;
- Manage program expenses and complete financial reporting;
- Document best practices, case studies, photos and lessons learned and share with the GEP Team;
- Secondary school diploma (tertiary experience or degree, preferred).
- 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience managing others.
- Strong organizational and planning skills including the ability to monitor progress of program implementation.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Prior experience in facilitation and/or training.
Job Level: Entry
Job Nature: Full Time
Industry: NGO / Development
Preferred Business Area: NGO / Development
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Bachelor’s degree on Education, Social Science, Business Management and other related field;
Application Deadline: Dec 8, 2017
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh-Dhaka/Literacy-Program-Assistant_R-00441on or before 08 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”